It’s true that people think more about their home security and automation. They are purchasing smart gadgets more frequently and try hard to modernise their homes.
When we talk about home automation and security, the first thing that should cross your mind is a smart doorbell.
A product that could take pics and capture vids, detect motion and alarm you when necessary. There are lots of smart doorbells out there that might be considered worthy and called top products.
Though, there are only two doorbells that are good and work better than any other.
Two most popular doorbells that have been leading the market for several years. Ring is known as one of the most reliable and prominent doorbell companies on the market, They have best-selling products on Amazon and offer the best features available.
To make it more understandable why exactly Ring and Ring Pro are such quality doorbells, let’s review both of them and determine what makes them so useful and desirable.
- Ring vs Ring Pro: Pros & Cons and Verdict
- Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell Review
- Verdict on Ring Doorbell
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro Review
- Verdict on Ring Pro Doorbell
- Final Words On Ring VS Ring Pro
- Full Details On Ring Vs Ring Pro
- Last Words
Ring vs Ring Pro: Pros & Cons and Verdict
In this Ring vs Ring Pro article, we’ll analyse both of these doorbells, talk about their features, pros & cons and general specifications.
Let’s start with Ring.
Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell Review
Even more, we’ve chosen Ring as the product of the year. With so many satisfied customers, unique features and positive reviews, there’s no reason for us not to praise it.
1. Installation Process
The first thing we have to mention is how easy it is to install Ring. It’s important to understand that Ring is a wireless doorbell (but can work as a wired too) and the installation only takes a minute or two.
Here’s everything you’ll find in Ring’s package.
- Ring Doorbell – ✔️
- Micro USB charging cable – ✔️
- Mounting bracket and level – ✔️
- Screwdriver – ✔️
- Screwdriver Bit – ✔️
- Drill bit – ✔️
- Wood screws – ✔️
- Masonry screws and anchors – ✔️
- Weather sealant – ✔️
- Users Manual – ✔️
As for the installation process itself, we did say that it takes a minute or two but to avoid any misunderstandings; I’ll post a video that perfectly explains the installation process of Ring.
Let’s move on to more advanced topics.
2. Features and Specifications of Ring Doorbell
It’s evident that Ring Doorbell offers some exceptional features that can’t be provided by other smart doorbells.
But Ring isn’t a perfect product that has no flaws and bugs. As any other doorbell, Ring has its strong and weak points. To fully understand Ring’s advantages and disadvantages, we’ve created a detailed chart that includes everything you need to know.
3. Advantages and Disadvantages of Ring Doorbell
|Speak with the visitor straight from your phone||Little problems with the motion sensor being too sensitive|
|Easy to use|
|HD video and audio quality|
|Built-in night vision|
|Lifetime protection (if someone steals the doorbell, Ring will replace it for free)|
|Comes in various colours|
4. Motion Detection of Ring
Considering that we’ve listed the motion sensor as a disadvantage, let’s see what exactly is wrong with it.
There are two sides of Ring’s motion sensor. These are the two sentences people mostly use:
- Ring’s motion detection system is too sensitive and sends false alerts
- Due to Ring sending false alarms, the manufacturers deliberately loosened the motion sensor and sometimes, Ring delays sending the alerts
Well, both of these statements contain some truth. Here’s the case:
Ring has three levels of sensitivity. If you think Ring may detect unnecessary activities, you can change the motion sensor’s level and make it weaker.
That’ll be a great thing to do at night (you can even turn it off) to avoid any false alerts and wake ups.
Verdict on Ring Doorbell
What I’d like to say about Ring is that it’ll never disappoint you, it’ll make your home secure and modern. Plus, it’ll attract lots of attention from your visitors. Moreover, it’s way better than doorbells like Skybell, August Doorbell Cam and Doorbird.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro Review
Since we’ve talked about Ring, it’s time to review their newest arrival, Ring Pro.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro is a new product that everyone talks about. With its innovative features, modern design and extraordinary specifications, Ring Pro became famous in no time.
Ring Pro beats Ring in every aspect. Most importantly, Ring Pro has a 1080p camera and a smarter motion detection system.
Let’s talk more about Ring Pro and analyse the doorbell’s other aspects.
1. Installation Process
Like Ring, Ring Pro is easy to install. Besides this, Ring Pro package includes everything necessary for the installation process.
If you want to know what’s in the package, here’s the list:
- Video Doorbell Pro
- 4 Interchangeable faceplates
- Optional wiring and connectors
- Drill Bit
- Pro Power Kit
- Installation Screws & Anchors
- Quick Setup Guide
Let’s not waste more time on talking how to install Ring Pro. I’ll just link a video that was uploaded by Ring, itself. The video perfectly explains how to activate your doorbell. After watching it and repeating everything step-by-step, you’ll have your Ring Pro running in 5 minutes.
Let’s move onto more important topics and talk about the design of Ring Pro.
If we want to own a stylish doorbell that looks cool and works excellent, purchasing Ring Pro is essential. What I hear from buyers is how much they like their doorbell’s visual side.
It looks modern and attracts lots of attention. One thing that I’d like to note about Ring Pro is that it doesn’t look like an intercom. It seems more like a real doorbell.
As for Ring, I’ve heard lots of people saying that it’s visually weird and resembles an intercom more than a doorbell.
As for the other parts, Ring Pro is a well-made doorbell, and after touching it, you’ll instantly feel the quality.
Unlike Ring, the Pro model doesn’t have metal in it. In short, Ring Pro has a beautiful design and gets more positive feedback than Ring.
3. Features and Specifications of Ring Pro Doorbell
There are other things to discuss. We’ll talk more about Ring Pro’s important features like motion detection system and the customizable alert zones.
4. Advantages and Disadvantages of Ring Pro Doorbell
|Two-way audio and one-way video (for privacy concerns)||Field of view is smaller than the first generation Ring.|
|Easy to use|
|HD video and audio quality|
|Built-in night vision and LED technology|
|Lifetime protection (if someone steals the doorbell, they’ll replace it for free)|
|Enhanced Wi-Fi connection|
|VIP customer service|
That’s everything we should know about Ring Pro’s strong and weak points. Let’s move on and talk about Ring Pro’s motion detection system.
5. Motion Detection of Ring Pro
Firstly, trust me, you’ll love Ring Pro’s motion detection system. It has improved so much and became even smarter.
Ring was aware that their first generation doorbell was sending some false alerts and people were annoyed by it.
So they decided to solve the problem and came up with an incredibly good idea. Besides the fact that Ring Pro has a better motion system, they’ve added a new feature called “customizable alert zones”.
The question you have, should be this, “what the heck is that?”. Glad you asked.
It’s true that smart doorbells (every doorbell with a motion detection system does) might send some false alerts, so Ring knew that they had to create something useful and innovative.
Because doorbells aren’t smart enough differentiate human and, for example, vehicle activity, Ring created this:
I think you got the idea.
If you want your Ring Pro to detect motion only in specific areas to maximally avoid false alerts, you can do so.
Ring Pro allows you to set custom motion zones. That’s a great idea to avoid any false alerts and extra hassles.
Verdict on Ring Pro Doorbell
In short, Ring Pro is an incredibly good doorbell that works perfectly and has some outstanding features. If you want to own the best doorbell on the market, you should think about purchasing Ring Pro. It’ll never disappoint you, and it’s always improving.
- Working Abilities – Well, both Ring and Ring Pro work perfectly, and you’ll rarely see someone complaining about it. But if I have to make a choice, I’d still go for Ring Pro. It’s a fresh product and has more capabilities & room for improvement than the first generation Ring
- Battery Use – Here’s where Ring wins BIG. Ring has a built-in battery that is rechargeable and also works with a wire (the one your old doorbell uses). On the other hand, Ring Pro is a wired doorbell. To activate Ring Pro, you’ll have to connect it to a wire system
- Looks And Quality – Both of this doorbells have eye-catching designs. But I’ve heard lots of people complaining about Ring’s looks. Some even called it an intercom. As for Ring Pro, it’s simply gorgeous and everyone who has bought it, says that every visitor loved it and complimented on its looks
- Cloud Recording – Both of them have the option to use a cloud recording feature, but Ring Pro has some extra capabilities. For example, when Ring Pro detects activity, it instantly starts to record it. Afterwards, the owner can review the whole footage. As for storing videos, none of these two doorbells has problems with it
- Unique Features – Considering that Ring Pro has a new feature called “customizable alert zones”, Ring Pro wins because the first generation Ring can’t offer anything similar
Full Details On Ring Vs Ring Pro
Lastly, we compared all features of both doorbells and made a comparison table below:
For the last time, let’s sum up the comparison of Ring Pro and Ring.
Right now, the first generation Ring has more reviews on Amazon and is a more popular doorbell.
The reason is that Ring Pro is a fresh product launched not too long ago. It’s slowly gaining popularity, and it won’t take long for it to become the most popular smart doorbell, ever.
Considering its unique features and VIP customer service, Ring Pro will outrank Ring. It’s just a matter of time, and the only thing left for us it to wait until it happens.
One last time, Ring Pro is superior to the company’s first generation Ring. Though, if you still want to purchase Ring, I’d recommend getting the Ring Video Doorbell 2.
But if you want to know which of these two takes the top spot, it’s Ring Pro. Period.